It Is Time For Us To Confess Our Sins
By E.L. BYNUM, Pastor
TABERNACLE BAPTIST CHURCH
1911 34th STREET - LUBBOCK, TEXAS 79411
(This is part of a message preached on Wednesday night, September 12, one day after the attack on America)
God has given our nation a wake-up call over and over again, but mostly we have ignored them all. On Tuesday September 11, 2001, God gave us another opportunity to wake up. Will we do it, is the question?
We as Christians often want to blame all of the troubles of our nation on liberals, socialists, communists, cults and false religion.
While we still stand firm against all of these false movements, it is time for us as Christians to quit playing the blame game, and confess our sins and the sins of our nation. It is time to do business with God, lest we sleep through God's final wake up call.
Here Are Some Of The Sins We Must Confess
1. We have killed about 40 million babies through abortion, since Roe vs. Wade. This wanton destruction of little innocent people has not gone unnoticed by God.
2. We have taken the Bible and prayer out of our schools, and largely out of our public life.
3. We have polluted the minds of our youth with pornography, cursing, filthy talk and unbelievable acting out of the vilest sins. this has been amplified through TV, movies, music and every form of entertainment. Innocence has been destroyed and the vile has been injected.
4. We have become calloused, cold, and worldly as Christians.
5. We have legalized homo- sexuality that is so clearly condemned in the Bible.
6. We have tolerated fornication until one out of every three babies are born out of wedlock.
7. We have put material things, pleasure and sin ahead of God.
8. We have left Church, Bible reading, prayer and worship out of our hearts and homes.
9. We have elevated sports to the point that they have become shrines of unholiness at which we worship.
We will know that much of our nation will not see this, but we see it, and God will hold us accountable as to what we do with this knowledge.
We have some things to pray about, and we have things to repent of. LET US BEGIN NOW!!!!
(TORCH EDITOR: There is much praying and calling out to God to bless us as a nation but there is no evidence that any of the above will be repented of. NO DOUBT, THE WORSE IS YET TO COME!!!)
© 2007 The Flaming Torch, All rights reserved.